Snort mailing list archives

Re: AW: (Snort-users) Newbie Question..

From: "Edwin Pua" <edwin1118 () hotmail com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 08:49:18 +0000

Afternoon Sandro,

i've checked your URL and it's a good reference indeed. but i've fond some syntax errors in the snort-check program when i'm testing it. though i tried modifying it but i still some errors. do u have the latest one? i really wanted to test aprogram that will alert me via email based from my snort logs. (im running RH7.2)

# Modified Program:

#!/bin/sh
recipientfile=/etc/snort/recipients

if a recipient file exists
if [ -s "$recipientfile" ] ; then
  # generate the recipientlist with email adresses.
  for i in `cat $recipientfile` ; do
    recipients="$recipients "$i
  done

  echo "$*" | mail -s "Snort-Alert!!!" "$recipients"
fi

 thanx..

edwin