Snort mailing list archives

Re: Help Snort

From: "Bruno Gimenes Pereti" <pereti () ump edu br>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 09:28:41 -0200

Hello Fernando,

First, write in portuguese to our portuguese list. Words from Alex to the
list last year:

There is a snort list in Brazil, in portuguese.
To subscribe, snort-subscribe () yahoogroups com

Thanks.
Alex

Now, you need to give us more information about what you are doing. What is
your command line? Is your NIC in promiscue mode (does you receve a message
in console or syslog saying entering in promiscue mode) ?
Snort usually alerts only when you receive packet that he consider offencive
(part of a attack), maybe it didn't alert because you didn't received any
known packet.

Please subscribe to our brasilian list, I prefer to write in portuguese :)

PS: another thing, use plain text when you write to a mailing list.

T+

Bruno Pereti.