Snort mailing list archives

Re: Receive Only Cable...

From: Ian Masters <ian () pineapple co jp>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:26:46 +0900

I have a couple of questions about the setting up of Snort in stealth mode using a receive only cable:

1. In 3.1 of the faq there are 3 'A's. Is it necessary to follow all of these steps 1-3 or is it an either /or situation (obviously the 2nd and 3rd 'A' are basically the same step)?

2. How is it possible to bring up an ethernet interface without the IP address on it? If someone could let me know I'd be very grateful.

My setup is Redhat Linux 7.1, Snort 1.8.3.

Ian