Snort mailing list archives

Re: Red Hat or Mandrake?

From: Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt () charite de>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 21:17:17 +0100

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 02:42:20PM -0500, Steve Ochani wrote:
On 14 Jan 2002 at 13:10, CGI wrote:

My question is Red Hat or Mandrake? Some remarks are
welcome!

Debian.

I would recommend Redhat. Mandrake is based on redhat with features
added on to make it more newbie friendly and since you have unix
experience you don't need it.

If he has Unix experience, he'll love Debian.

Also I find redhat to have fast security updates which are easy to
find at www.redhat.com/support/errata

With Debian, these are a
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
away. Especially nice with lots of servers:

for name in serverlist do;
   ssh name ...
done

--
Ralf Hildebrandt (Im Auftrag des Referat V A)   Ralf.Hildebrandt () charite de
Charite Campus Virchow-Klinikum                 Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155