Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort Support IPv6 address/packets method?

From: "Turner Ryan S CONT KPWA" <TurnerRS () kpt nuwc navy mil>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:44:33 -0800

If you look at the packet statistics after you stop snort there is a section
called breakdown by protocol. Under that you can see the percentage of
packets that are TCP, UDP, ICMP, etc. One of those sections is IPv6 so I'm
assuming that means it understands what IPv6 packets are, I haven't worked
with snort in an IPv6 environment though.