Snort mailing list archives

RE: New User question.

From: "McCammon, Keith" <Keith.McCammon () eadvancemed com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:54:43 -0500

Well, Snort runs great on all of them--that's why we use it!  If you're
looking for raw speed, I would imagine that you could squeeze better
performance out of Solaris or FreeBSD.  However, most folks will tell
you the exact same thing that we tell everyone who asks "which OS is
better?": Go with what you know.  And they'll be right...