Snort mailing list archives

Re: RE: NAT Penetration Techniques

From: "Jeff DuVall" <abyssleaper () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 13:02:24 -0800

I'd agree with Craig on this also. I was commenting on the reason that you are seeing your internal LAN IP's in your snort alerts, instead of your global NAT. Upon investigation of most of *MY* shellcode alerts, they have been false positives from generic HTML traffic from reputable sites.

Good luck.

-Jeff