Snort mailing list archives

Re: how to have a centralized db

From: roman () danyliw com
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 21:56:55 EST

Multiple sensors can write to the same database.

What were these duplicate error messages?  How are these instances of
snort deployed?

There can be issues if both sensors run on the same machine.  When this
is the case, you must use the sensor_name configuration option with the
database plugin?

Roman