Snort mailing list archives

Snort-Running But not Logging....!!

From: kamesh_rajaram () sify com
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 12:47:41 +0500 (IST)

Hi Snort/Demarc Users....!!
        This is abt a strange behaviour of snort 1.8.3. I am using DEMARC console to monitor in a Linux 7.0 server with
2 ethernet cards. My problem is that snort is running, but not logging any of the packets that come to the network. The
ifconfig command shows that the packets are being picked by the NIC. If i stop & restart it, it works fine. I am unable
to figure out the problem... Is there any log that tells me of this kind of a problem...?? Or what can be done to solve
this problem......Any advice in this regard will be helpful...

Bye,
Kamesh.