Snort mailing list archives

Re: tarball of ArachNIDS available

From: Chris Green <cmg () uab edu>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 18:57:29 -0600

"Ace" <ace_wizard () yahoo com> writes:

So Phil, if I could be so presumptuous as to oversimplify your question:

      What legal rights do convicted crimminals exercise regarding intellectual
property over which they a) have copyright protection, or b) do not have
copyright protection?

Copyright isn't something you lose.  In the weeks before Max was going
to jail, some asked him if he would mind having a mirror and have the
data maintained.  He did not want to give up control and that is his
right to do so.

I know everyone is just trying to help but Max's wishes were to not
have it available from anywhere other than whitehats and even with it
down, it doesn't change that the site is his company's/family's to
control.
--
Chris Green <cmg () uab edu>