Snort mailing list archives

Re: Log to MySQL but without MySQL

From: Olaf Schreck <chakl () syscall de>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 16:12:17 +0100

I don't want to have all the MySQL packages (and dependants) on the
machine. I guess I have to have to have them there when I build Snort but I
would like to know if anyone has done this and knows which bits of MySQL
absolutely MUST be there for Snort to run?

All you need on the sensor is the libmysqlclient shared library, if
snort is compiled to use MySQL shared libraries (default).
Alternatively, you could link libmysqlclient statically into snort.
In this case you won't need any MySQL stuff on the client, but the
snort binary will be a bit bigger.

ciao,
chakl
--
Olaf Schreck, Syscall Network Solutions AG, Berlin