Snort mailing list archives

RE: Checkpoint FW1 Alerts to acid/Snort?

From: Fraser Hugh <hugh_fraser () dofasco ca>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 12:21:13 -0500

If the alerts can be forwarded elsewhere using syslog, snmptraps, etc..,
they can be captured and inserted into the Snort database. The schema's well
documented, and I've done just that with the alerts from a commercial IDS
package (NFR) using snmptraps on a private lan. The technique works for
other sources of information as well... I collect alerts from arpwatch and
ipchains to add to the Snort database. Each source has a unique sid, and
ACID happily processes the alerts as if they came from Snort.