Snort mailing list archives

AW: Snort and SSL

From: "Poppi, Sandro" <Sandro.Poppi () wacker com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:07:10 +0100

There has been some (amusing ;) discussions on this list about enabling
snort to look into ssl sessions when snort has the required keys to do so.
Take a look on the archives.

But you really don't want to have snort store all private keys!

The only thing snort is able to do is to find that encrypted traffic is
passing but no chance to look into the encrypted data. You can either deny
encrypted traffic on your firewall or trust your users.

So long,
Sandro

Hi all.

Is Snort able to read the traffic encrypted with SSL, in his
network usage? It seems to me that all is encrypted, and then
unreadable in this case... Who can give me informations about that?

Thanks in advance.

Benoit