Snort mailing list archives

Windows Users - Latest Compiled CVS and NEW How To's available NOW!

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:52:17 -0800

To all Windows users of Snort:

Please read all the notices below.

Here at Silicon Defense we have undertaken the project of providing you
with the binaries for the RELEASE version of Snort 1.7.1 through the
latest CVS releases, including all the latest required support files.

Please check out our Windows pages as they have all changed. All the
documentations on how to install an IDS using Acid or Snortsnarf have
NEW updated information, including how to compile the latest Libnet
library. We are also providing downloads for all the latest support
files that are required to complete your Windows IDS sensor. This should
be a one stop experience for you.

The latest CVS is now available:

Snort 1.8.3 b92 Win32 Static
Snort 1.8.3 b92 Win32 MySQL Binary
Snort 1.8.3 b92 Win32 MySQL & FlexRESP Binary
Snort 1.8.3 b92 Win32 MSSQL Binary
Snort 1.8.3 b92 Win32 FlexRESP Binary

Notice to all our clients: We will ONLY be supporting non-beta releases
of Snort.

Notice to all Windows XP users: We have a patch for WinPcap available
that will allow you to run Snort on your XP box. This patch is NOT
supported by anyone. We are waiting for an official RELEASE version of
WinPcap by the programmer that will include support for the latest
Windows operating system called "Windows XP". This patch has been
working fine for several weeks and is located on our download page.

Link to Downloads:
http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/downloads.htm

Link to Documentation:
http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/windows.htm

NOTICE: I would like to take this opportunity to apoligize for all the
people that have written me about the broken links on "Snort.org" to my
documentation. I have written several requests to Brian and humblely
requested that the links be fixed, but after several attempts within a
several month period Brian has been unable to accomplish this task.
Again; my sencerist appoligies.

Happy Snorting, and remember - Silicon Defense is the #1 provider of
Snort Support, in the world.

-Mike

Commercial Snort Support <<->> 1.866.41.SNORT
  Silicon Defense - www.silicondefense.com
    Home of the new SENTRUS Snort sensor!
  Michael Steele - Snort Support Technician