Snort mailing list archives

new snort DNS preprocessor, 1.2

From: Scott Campbell <scampbell () iengineer com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:47:25 -0800

After getting feedback about portability issues, I have put together the 1.2 release of the DNS preprocessor. This time around I have removed the dependencies on the header files and the native -lresolv library.

The usual caveats apply here - the software seems to compile clean on Solaris (8) and FreeBSD 4.4, but I have yet to try it on any form of Linux or Windows.

To get hold of the code and to get more information, go to:

http://www.geocities.com/axonpotential/snort/index.html

(my apologies about the irritating popup windows ...)

Feel free to provide useful feedback to this address. <plug> Even employment offers - I am looking around for work. </plug>

cheers!

Scott Campbell
Senior Unix Systems Engineer