Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problems ignoring a host

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 19:07:21 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Peter Sundstrom wrote:

I forgot to say that I am using "portscan ignorehosts".  In snort.conf I
have:

var IS_HOSTS 192.168.1.25/32
preprocessor portscan-ignorehosts: $SNMP_HOSTS $IS_HOSTS

Ahh...  One thing it could be is the way the spp_portscan processes it's
ignorehosts config directive.  "Back in the day" when there wasn't a real set
of standards for pre/post processors, the input from snort.conf was kinda up
in the air.  You might want to try using one variable instead of two.  I'm not
sure that the code can handle that.  Barring that, a BPF filter might be your
best way to go.

[...goes to stick his head into the code again...]

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy
TheAdamsFamily.Net