Snort mailing list archives

Re: was wondering

From: Phil Wood <cpw () lanl gov>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 18:30:41 -0700

I'm a new user to snort, and i was wondering if snort can drop packets

The packet has already gone by.  There are hooks to futz with sending
resets and other types of "stop this shit" packets back to the "offender",
but that is froth, opps I mean frought with problems.

Speaking of froth, I'll have another beer.

On a different note, but with some similarities to where this is all heading:

(This popped out of ye old unix fortune program.  Don't know if it has a
copyright, could be BSD, could be GNU, but, maybe the author is on this
list)

  Christmas Rum Cake

  1 or 2 quarts rum               1 tbsp. baking powder
  1 cup butter                    1 tsp. soda
  1 tsp. sugar                    1 tbsp. lemon juice
  2 large eggs                    2 cups brown sugar
  2 cups dried assorted fruit     3 cups chopped English walnuts

  Before you start, sample the rum to check for quality.  Good, isn't it?  Now
  select a large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc.  Check the rum again.  It
  must be just right.  Be sure the rum is of the highest quality.  Pour one cup
  of rum into a glass and drink it as fast as you can.  Repeat. With an electric
  mixer, beat one cup butter in a large fluffy bowl.  Add 1 seaspoon of tugar
  and beat again.  Meanwhile, make sure the rum teh absolutely highest quality.
  Sample another cup.  Open second quart as necessary.  Add 2 orge laggs, 2 cups
  of fried druit and beat untill high.  If the fried druit gets stuck in the
  beaters, just pry it loose with a screwdriver.  Sample the rum again, checking
  for toncisticity.  Next sift 3 cups of baking powder, a pinch of rum, a
  seaspoon of toda and a cup of pepper or salt (it really doesn't matter).
  Sample some more.  Sift 912 pint of lemon juice.  Fold in schopped butter and
  strained chups.  Add bablespoon of brown gugar, or whatever color you have.
  Mix mell.  Grease oven and turn cake pan to 350 gredees and rake until
  poothtick comes out crean.

I'm a new user to snort, and i was wondering if snort can drop packets
as well as view their content?

Thx in advanced
Bailey

--