Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 1.7 Rule set

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 00:55:31 -0500

Hi Ken,
     Snort 1.7 is a year old, care to update?  The most recent rulesets
(after July) won't work with 1.7 anylonger due to updates to the
language and new features.  FYI, the most recent version of Snort is
1.8.3.

     -Marty

Ken Pickering wrote:

Hey,

I'm using snort for my senior thesis and don't have much time to work with
it. I was wondering if someone had a good, fairly current snort.conf and
rule set for snort 1.7 that they could send me. I'm using the -r
functionality to run data from past DARPA benchmarks into the app which
aren't 100% up to date so they don't have to be bleeding edge rules.

Thanks in advance!

-Ken Pickering

University of Virginia, Class of 2002
Computer Engineering
kpickering () virginia edu

--
Martin Roesch - Founder/CEO, Sourcefire Inc. - (410)552-6999
roesch () sourcefire com - http://www.sourcefire.com