Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort and M$ Access?????

From: "John Kirk" <jkirk00 () home com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 21:57:42 -0500

Since you have MS Access, I assume you have MS OFFICE, which includes
MSDE which is the Desktop version of MS SQL with a 2GB data limit. You
could stop logging to MYSQL and log from your Linux snort box to the
MSDE (MSSQL)database on the Win box for all your "database" logging,
works great with ACID also. Now you can link MS Access directly to the
MSSQL database, without the speed limit of MS Access.