Snort mailing list archives

RE: ACID : PHP GD error

From: Frank Carreiro <fcarreiro () loweryinc com>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 11:12:35 -0700

You didn't compile gd support into php. Recompile your php module with gd support and it should work. From the php directory type ./configure --with-gd as part of your configure options.

I myself have run into this problem and haven't had a chance to try the above yet. I did find this in their troubleshooting docs (I think).

Hopefully I'll have some time today to try it also :-)

Oh.. and if you don't have the gd library loaded then you will need to download/install it. I believe it comes by default in most linux distros (I'm running redhat 6.2 on this particular system)

Frank

 Finally i was able to configure snort, mysql and ACID. When i goto
http://localhost:443 i am able to access ACID. Everything is working fine,
except the "Graph Alert data (EXPERIMENTAL)" link is giving an error. When i
click on "Graph Alert Data" it gives the following error:
 PHP ERROR: PHP build incomplete: the prerequisite GD support required to
generate graphs was not built into PHP. Please recompile PHP with the
necessary library (--with-gd)

Here is the output form "nm /opt/apache/libexec/libphp4.so| grep -i gd"
   # nm libphp4.so |grep gd
400492f0 C php_gd_char
00130570 t php_gd_error
00130a90 t php_gd_lex
40045008 C php_gd_lval
40048744 C php_gd_nerrs
400313ae d php_gd_pact
        U php_gd_parse
0012f4e0 T php_gd_parse
0012f4c8 T php_gd_parse
40031252 d php_gd_r1
400312b8 d php_gd_r2
400314a6 d php_gd_yycheck
4003143e d php_gd_yytable

I have "LoadModule php4_module   libexec/libphp4.so" is uncommented in
conf/httpd.conf. Also apache log shows PHP/4.0.4pl1 configured. I am running
on HP-UX 11.00. Apache version 1.3.19.23.

Any idea why am i getting this error. Thanks