Snort mailing list archives

Re: Log output format

From: "Michael Wyraz" <evermind () wyraz de>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 20:27:25 +0100

Hi!

Thank you. this works fine.
I wonder why the log output in the ip-sub-dirs is so much different from that
which is written in the alerts file.

Michael.

On Thu, 07 Feb 2002 08:40:21 -0600, Chris Green wrote:

Michael Wyraz <michael.wyraz () evermind de> writes:

Hi!

I'm integrating Snort with an alerting/trouble ticket tool. To do this,
I use the snort log output in the log dir - not the "alerts" file but the
many small files in the directory with the ip as name because that's much
more easy to use than a big logfile. Is there a way to let snort add the
aditional information (Xref-infos) to this logs to make the information more
complete?

Check out the -G option to snort

       -G <mode>  Add reference ids back into alert msgs (modes:
basic, url)

I assume when you say Xfef-infos, you mean the reference: tag stuff.

Thank you. Michael.

(Please send a copy of your reply to my address since i'm not in the mailing
list)
--
Chris Green <cmg () uab edu>
"I'm beginning to think that my router may be confused."