Snort mailing list archives

Re: RPM Installation

From: Chris Green <cmg () uab edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 13:43:39 -0600

Stephen Hargrove <stephen () virtual-attorney com> writes:

I'm having problems getting snort-mysql+flexresp-1.8.3-5.i386.rpm
installed.  I've searched google and followed the advice I've found, but
the problem continues.  Following is the problem:

# rpm -ivh snort-mysql+flexresp-1.8.3-5.i386.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
        libmysqlclient.so.10   is needed by
snort-mysql+flexresp-1.8.3-5snort

% rpm -q mysql
mysql-3.23.41-1

rpm -q --whatprovides libmysqlclient.so.10
mysql-3.23.41-1

This is a default redhat 7.2 machine.  Is your redhat rpm from the
MySQL people?

I've set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH as follows:

This will affect run time usage but not RPM dependency resolution

[...]

And I've run /sbin/ldconfig.  Any thoughts on what I need to do in order
to get this RPM installed?

Thanks!
--

--