Snort mailing list archives

MAC-address in MySQL logging

From: "Enrico M.V. Fasanelli" <Enrico.M.V.Fasanelli () le infn it>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 18:26:51 +0100 (MET)

Hi all,

I run snort with -e flag and log into a mysql database.

Viewing the contents of the database via ACID, I dont see any mac-address
info (that is instead visible if I log into an ACII file)

I've initialized the mysql database using the contrib/create_mysql and the
contrib/snortdb-extra.gz

Is the mac-address writed into the mysql database?

If yes, how can I modify ACID php scripts in order to view also this
field?

Thanks in advance,

Ciao
                                        Enrico

      Enrico M.V. Fasanelli          Phone +39 0832 320.435/448
Istituto Nazionale Fisica Nucleare   Fax   +39 0832 325128
       Sezione di Lecce              mailto:Enrico.M.V.Fasanelli () le infn it
  Servizio di Calcolo & Reti         Via per Arnesano, I-73100 LECCE (Italy)