Snort mailing list archives

Re: 2 sensors

From: "snortlst snortlst" <snortlst () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 16:12:26 -0500

Thanks for reminding me that :-) What I meant is the following: I just
installed snort and I consider myself a newbie witht hat program.So I just
had a paranois thought that that fact that snort on my lan is very silent is
beacuse I somehow misconfigured snort. But again, the same configuration
outside the firewall works fine...so maybe I'm just being paranoid.....
(I must admit that being paranoid has become my second nature, this is
disadvantage of being the security guy :-)