Snort mailing list archives

Re: troubleshooting Snort on Windows 2000

From: Wayne T Work <wwork () cybergnostic com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 22:15:11 -0400

First, Make sure you have the latest set of files.
Second, check to see if you correctly built the tables in MySQL. (This is a call to a table that can not be completed.) Third, make sure that the permissions are correct on the database. (I have had to run this line on several occasions) Make sure you are an administrator on the machine too.

grant INSERT,SELECT,CREATE,DELETE on snort.* to snort@localhost;

If this does not work or you get the same error. Mail me and I will try to figure out what is going on.

Wayne