Snort mailing list archives

Re: Issue with Snort-1.8.1-RELEASE ./configure

From: Joe McAlerney <joey () SiliconDefense com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:19:20 -0700

LorenMarcus () netscape net wrote:

I am attempting to install snort-1.8.1-RELEASE with the XML output plugin on an x86 Redhat 7.1 machine.  I can't get
past configure.  I installed ntp4.1.0.  All seemed to go well.  I installed libxml2 and libxml2-devel via rpm.  All
seemed to go well.  I installed libidmef-0.6.3.  All seemed to go well.

When I run:

/home/myaccountnamereplacedhere/archive/snort/snort-1.8.1-RELEASE/configure --enable-idmef
--with-libntp-libraries=/home/myaccountnamereplacedhere/archive/ntp/ntp-4.1.0

Hello Loren,

Sorry for the delayed response.  Serious mail backlog.  Anyway, you were
sooooo close.  Just add /libntp to the end of your
--with-libntp-libraries tag:

--with-libntp-libraries=/home/myaccountnamereplacedhere/archive/ntp/ntp-4.1.0/libntp

Just fyi, I'm going to be removing the libntp dependency for the next
version of libidmef and the IDMEF XML plugin.  This will make everyone's
world better.  On a similar not, I'm working with some fine folks at
Harvey Mudd College to incorporate the IDXP transport protocol in with
the plugin.  Check the website for updates.
http://www.silicondefense.com/idwg/snort-idmef/

Please drop me a line if you run into further problems.

Kind Regards,

-Joe M.
--
|   Joe McAlerney     joey () silicondefense com   |
| Silicon Defense - Technical Support for Snort |