Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort on Checkpoint Firewall-1

From: "Ofir Arkin" <ofir () sys-security com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 02:26:49 +0200

Scott,

Some info you asked for.

Checkpoint module gets installed just after the link-layer. This means
it gets to deal with traffic before layer 3 does (IP).

On another note, if I am you I would not run snort on the same box as my
Firewall. Install your firewall on a dedicated box always. You certainly
do not wish to have surprises.

This is just my 2c

Ofir Arkin [ofir () sys-security com]
Founder
The Sys-Security Group
http://www.sys-security.com
PGP CC2C BE53 12C6 C9F2 87B1 B8C6 0DFA CF2D D360 43FA