Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Mysql DB query question.

From: roman () danyliw com
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 18:06:14 US/Eastern

From the snort-users archive:

[10/12/2001]
http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/SourceForge/4890/150/6815569/

http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/SourceForge/4890/150/6815763/

Roman

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Vjay LaRosa wrote:

Hello,

Can some one explain to me how I can manually query the MySQL DB for an
IP address if it is stored as
an unsigned integer? I am trying to write a perl script to convert the
IP over so I can search the DB but I have
been unsuccesfull. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

vjl

BTW, this is the simple script I am trying to use.

#!/bin/perl --

$addr = "$ARGV[0]" ;

sprintf "The integer is %vd\n", $addr ;

--
 V.Jay LaRosa                           EMC Corporation
 Systems Administrator                  171 South Street