Snort mailing list archives

Re: Strange system() problem with snort

From: "Mark Wormgoor" <mark () wormgoor com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 20:04:19 +0100

John,

I beleive the issue is that -e and ppp links are, if not incompatible,
irrelevant.
I'm aware of the fact that it's irrelevant.  However, it's not incompatible.
Snort will just ignore the option.  I have also tried without it.

I can start snort with -de -vvv -i ppp0 and I get exactly the same
message about "no second layer link blah blah blah...." but snort is
still working.

As you noticed in my e-mail, the command works just fine when started from
the commandprompt.  The error only occurs when I start snort from another
program using a system() call.

Kind regards,

        Mark Wormgoor