Snort mailing list archives

snort postgres database

From: Nate Haggard <nate () wordplace com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 12:25:47 -0700

Does someone know how I can change the order that the tables are written to in postgres? I am trying to set up a trigger. The problem is that the trigger needs to see the new data inserted into other tables right after the data is inserted into the events table. The problem seems that the trigger has to exit its program before data can be written to other tables besides event. So I can't do lookups in iphdr for the ip_src and ip_dst that go with that event, because the data won't be there till the trigger program is finished. The trigger is set on the event table. Maybe you are thinking this is a trigger problem and I should ask a postgres guru, yet if I could make snort write to the event table after writing to all the other tables I wouldn't have this problem.

Thanks
Nate Haggard