Snort mailing list archives

log display problem?

From: "Cedric Raguenaud" <c.raguenaud () dcs napier ac uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:41:20 -0000

Hello,

I hopw this not a dummy question and I didn't spot in the list
archive.

I noticed something recently in my snort logs: some of the packets
that are recorded are not displayed when I list them with options
vdr. These packets are HTTP packets that contain the IIS .ida
exploit. I know that they are logged because I see them in the
content of the binary log file and in the snort.alert file, but when I
display the binary log file through snort, they are not displayed and
they are listed as "other" protocol.

Here is how I log:
output alert_syslog: LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT
output alert_full: /var/log/snort.alert
output log_tcpdump: snort.log

Is there a known issue here or am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.