Snort mailing list archives

RE: Re: Snort on large loads.

From: "Wedge Breaker" <wedgebreaker () crackdealer com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 06:45:56 -0800

Come now - that's just a crutch.  If tcpdump can keep up with this traffic (which it does), then the hardware isn't an
issue.  Do you KNOW that upgrading to better hardware will solve my problem, or is this just a common-sense suggestion?
 As far as I know, both Sourcefire and Intrusion.com both use systems that are roughly comparable to the box I was
using.

Just to placate the masses, I'm going to get back into the testing arena again and run snort on a monster box (1.1 GHz
w/ 512M RAM and 64-bit PCI bus) to see what happens.

wb

Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:50:46 -0800 (PST)
"..." <goemon () anime net> Wedge Breaker <wedgebreaker () crackdealer com>cc: <snort-users () lists sourceforge net>
Re: [Snort-users] Snort on large loads.