Snort mailing list archives

Re: persistent connections + acid0.9.6b19

From: Phil Wood <cpw () lanl gov>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 12:59:52 -0700

In my case, sql got full up.  Poor old snort was hung on the sql connection
waiting for some ack I suppose.  Since I don't worry about the data in
this particular case, I just "archived" the data (as in mv'd the whole
sql database out of the way, and reinstalled the sql server side acid
database.  Probably what you don't want to do.  That particular condition
is the only one I've experienced over at least a year and a half.

I'm running snort and sql server on unix boxes.  So, again it may not apply.