Snort mailing list archives

Re: "Snort received signal 15, exiting"

From: Stuart Grimshaw <stuart () smgsystems co uk>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 09:46:24 +0000

On Friday 07 December 2001 21:18 pm, Dragos Ruiu wrote:
Signal 15 is SIGTERM usually the result of a kill command or such.
A critical piece of information here is what OS this is under, please
include version and processor type in the info so that a developer
can try to dupicate the situation and identify if snort is erroneously
deciding it has received this signal or if there is some funky os
component or other process that is sending spurious kill signals.

(My crystal ball guess... 1) RedHat7.x 2) Solaris ... as those two seemed
to be the source of "funky" errors most often :-)

Looks like you need a new crystal ball for christmas :-)

Snort 1.8.2 running on Debian 2.2 potato, on a 486DX266 with 8mb RAM.
Currently the data is being logged to a Postgres DB on a remote server, but I
also saw the same behavour when Snort wrote to a log.

Hopefully insignificant, but the binary was compiled on another pc (also
running Denian 2.2 potato, but it's a Celeron 400 with 256mb Ram)

--

| Stuart Grimshaw <stuart () footballnet com>
| Chief Operations Officer
| Football Networks Ltd
|-