Snort mailing list archives

acid emailing problem help

From: "Michael Scheidell" <scheidell () fdma com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 13:27:00 -0500

Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 18:33:00 -0600
From: "Ronneil Camara" <ronneilc () remingtonltd com>
To: <snort-users () lists sourceforge net>
Subject: [Snort-users] acid emailing problem help

Help again,

How would I setup acid so that when it sees an attack, it's gonna email
me? I have already created an AG group, and selected Email alerts full,
and on the space, I wrote my email address. But it doesn't mail me.

You have to manually email it to you (ie, there is no background task that
monitors/emails)

You have options:
A) modify (replace with perl/shell script?) smblclient so it emails you
instead of smb popups.
B) use swatch. or other logger program to watch log and email you
C) write a barnyard plugin ot do same
D) ask me for patches to snort 1.8.1-2 (not tried on 1.8.3) that add
smb_alert plugin.
--

Michael Scheidell
Florida Datamation, Inc. Internet Security