Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort stopping after about 12 hours

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 14:33:39 -0500

do you have the spade-threshlearn preprocessor on? If so, this is what you asked for.. turn that preprocessor off.

From the spade usage file: (what they don't clearly tell you is that after the obs-time snort as a whole shuts down to generate the report. Or at least, that's the behavior I observed.)

preprocessor spade-threshlearn: <num-scores> <obs-time>

This mode is enabled for <obs-time> hours (default 24), after which it reports
on the threshold that would have been needed to produce <num-scores> scores
(default 200) during that time.  At the end of the time period, a report about
this is generated to the log file specified on the main sensor configuration
line.  An intermediate report is produced on every SIGHUP, SIGQUIT, SIGINT,
and SIGUSR1 and on Snort exit.