Snort mailing list archives

Re: 1.8.3 still has flexresp configure bug

From: Chris Green <cmg () uab edu>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 22:41:54 -0600

Jason Haar <Jason.Haar () trimble co nz> writes:

I just tried building 1.8.3 with "--enable-flexresp", and configure produces
this as it runs:

----
checking for u_int8_t... no
checking for u_int16_t... no
checking for u_int32_t... no
----

That should be "yes". If you try to "make" after that, on Redhat 7.1 systems
at least, make will crash with "redefinition" errors.

Running configure without "--enable-flexresp" causes it to work correctly.

I've had a bit of a snoop through ./configure, and can't see why this is
causing a difference. Maybe the added include files from defining flexresp
causes the configure tests to run differently?

I don't know whats causing it ( it was fixed for a little bit in CVS
after rerunning aclocal & automake ).

If you run aclocal and then automake it starts working again
correctly.  If someone can identify what voodoo magic is going on
behind the scenes, it would be nice to know
--
Chris Green <cmg () uab edu>