Snort mailing list archives

RE: Encrypted sessions

From: Michael Aylor <maylor () swbanktx com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 16:25:50 -0600

That would be neat, if there was a way of telling snort about the
existance of a private RSA key that it had read access to, so it could
reverse engineer the public key exchange it was watching...am I
oversimplifying?  My understanding was that, if you had the private key
(and presumably the password used to encrypt it), then you'd be able to
decode any traffic using that key.  Am I incorrect?

Mike