Snort mailing list archives

Re: accessing archived data

From: roman () danyliw com
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 12:20:29 US/Eastern

Creating another instance of ACID in another directory is the only way to
possible right now to view the archive and live database simultaneously.

cheers,
Roman

Please forgive what is obviously a newbie question...

I've got snort and ACID running happily and today I started playing with the
archive functions under mySQL. I've created the archive database, added its
particulars to the acid_conf.php, and apparently successfully moved events
from the live db to the archive. Now what is the simplest method of going
back to review the archive? I've played with the idea of creating a second
acid directory on the web server with a different acid_conf.php, but I was
wondering if there is a simpler method that I am missing.