Snort mailing list archives

(no subject)

From: "Don Dowling" <dowling_denis () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 13:48:57 +0800

Hi

I'm looking at snort as a solution to a problem I've been given. Basically, we have a PCAnywhere machine on our
corporate LAN. We want to allow an external company to access this machine for software updates. Obviously this is a
security risk so we are looking at solutions that will eliminate this risk. One is to configure a linux firewall with
scripts to disable all traffic (except PCAnywhere) using iptables when PCAnywhere traffic is detected and to enable all
other traffic when no PCAnywhere traffic is detected. I'm looking at snort as the means of detecting the traffic but my
question is can I configure snort to execute a script that will run iptables to disable all other traffic?

Thanks

Denis