Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort on Linux Help

From: Michael Aylor <maylor () swbanktx com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:44:47 -0600

The fact that you're only seeing broadcast traffic would lend itself to
suggest you are not actually monitoring that port like you think you
are.  Have you run tcpdump to verify you're seeing all traffic you're
supposed to, or are you only seeing broadcasts as well?

I would imagine that if libpcap had a problem, it would either not
compile or would generate bizarre errors when snort was compiled....