Snort mailing list archives

Snort & logging to MySQL on another box

From: Steve Wingate <steve () velosystems net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 19:29:13 -0800

Does anyone have a link to an online walk through on snort logging to MySQL on another box? I'm trying to set up Snort
1.8.2 on OpenBSD with logging to MySQL 3.23.42 on a Sparc 20.
I'm getting an error that says mysql support is not compiled in this copy, yet I configured/compiled successfully with
./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql , which is the directory mysql is installed in. I only installed the client
on this box, since I want to use another box as server.