Snort mailing list archives

Re: compile error

From: Fyodor <fygrave () tigerteam net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 06:32:51 +0700

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 06:24:14PM +0100, Tom Fischer wrote:

Hi,

hope anybody can help me. The build process stops with this error(s):

looks like libnet checks are abit broken in snort-current:

checking for pcap_datalink in -lpcap... (cached) yes
./configure: libnet-config: command not found
./configure: libnet-config: command not found
./configure: libnet-config: command not found
checking for libnet.h... no
checking for u_int8_t... (cached) yes

and it creates Makefile and stuff (when it should just spew an error and
exit at this point). I'll have a look after I have some sleep..
meanwhile looks like you aren't having libpcap installed, that's why
your compilation is broken.