Snort mailing list archives

RE: Also new to Snort

From: Michael Aylor <maylor () swbanktx com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 12:57:11 -0600

Snort isn't really designed as a "bandwidth" tracker.  While it does sniff
traffic, it isn't really designed to tell you "bits per second per
protocol".  You might try tcpstat, or I'm sure there are plenty of others
out there too that will give you pretty graphs and charts too.

Heck, if you're any good at perl, you could probably just use tcpdump and
some scripts to parse the data to a format you like.

Mike