Snort mailing list archives

Windows - Snort 1.8.2 Binaries - 5 Flavors - RELEASES AVAILABLE NOW!

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 18:55:13 -0800

To all Windows users of Snort:

Please read all the notices below.

Here at Silicon Defense we have undertaken the project of providing you
with the binaries for the RELEASE version of Snort 1.8.2. We will also
do our best to provide you with the latest compiled CVS version of
Snort. We will also continue to provide you with all the binaries for
Snort 1.8.1, Snort 1.7.1, and all the necessary support files.

Notice to all our clients: We will ONLY be supporting the RELEASE
versions of Snort 1.7.1, Snort 1.8.1, and Snort 1.8.2 at this time.

Notice to all Windows XP users: We have a patch for WinPcap available
that will allow you to run Snort. This patch is NOT supported by anyone.
We are waiting for an official RELEASE version of WinPcap by the
programmer that will include support for the latest Windows operating
system called "Windows XP". This patch has been working fine for several
weeks and will be located on our download page.

Notice: FlexResp is FLAKEY at best. We are waiting for a new release of
LibnetNT.dll, and that should fix the problems we are having with that.

Link to Downloads:
http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/downloads.htm

Link to Documentation:
http://www.silicondefense.com/techsupport/windows.htm

Happy Snorting, and remember - We are the #1 provider for Snort Support,
in the world.

-Mike

Commercial Snort Support <<->> 1.866.41.SNORT
  Silicon Defense - www.silicondefense.com
    Home of the new SENTRUS Snort sensor!
  Michael Steele - Snort Support Technician