Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Newbie questions regarding Win2k vs Linux/Unix

From: James Hoagland <hoagland () SiliconDefense com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 08:22:05 -0700

At 9:30 AM -0700 7/17/01, Mohsin Aziz wrote:
[...]
Specifically I'd like to be able to use SPADE but I haven't seen it
available in win32 flavor, are there any plans for that or is it even
possible?

I'm not sure if Spade works on Windows or not. It was developed on Unix, but can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work on Windows as well. Then again, I've never really written C code specifically for Windows before and so might not know of all the issues. Could anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,

  Jim
--
|*               hoagland () SiliconDefense com                *|
|*              http://www.silicondefense.com/              *|