Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort FAQ 1.8

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () kyx net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:20:13 -0700

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Paul Howell wrote:
Dragos Ruiu writes:

 > --Boundary-=_WbsNCvolybctaTwtOnQhqDUZKfch
 >
 > Send me your complaints. :-)
 > Or translations...
 >
 > cheers,
 > --dr

Hi,

I'm a new snort user and area that I have a couple of questions on, isn't
addressed by the FAQ.

Basically, I'd like to know where does one obtain new/modifed rules?

www.snort.org is a good place to start...

But this is also a good FAQ question...

If this can be done via CVS, what are the commands to be used?

This is already noted and added to the next FAQ... though I might
point out there is a whole page dedicated to this at www.snort.org
and it's on the menubar frame so this already has a  lot of
coverage... Can't hurt to add it though...

And I've seen people get tripped up by the password as
Fyodor correctly noted recently/

And, how best to merge new rules with existing ones?

A good question...
I'll be right back with an answer <goes back to other screen....> :-)

cheers,
--dr