Snort mailing list archives

RE: What speed?

From: "Mayers, Philip J" <p.mayers () ic ac uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:10:13 +0100

It's a RedHat 7.1 box.

I expect the SQL is what's killing you - we're rotating the logs hourly, and
post-processing them into SQL - that's why we're running dual CPUs, since
the load will happen on the other one.

We were formerly on a PIII800 single with an Intel Pro100, and that we
keeping up with 30Mbit without problems (also binary logging).

Regards,
Phil

| Phil Mayers, Network Support     |
| Centre for Computing Services    |