Snort mailing list archives

mysql and alert log

From: LaraCroft <laracroft () zaralinux com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:52:33 +0200

Hello,

I have installed snort, and i want to use de plugin to insert the output in a mysql database, all works fine, but, i want that the snort write the alert.log in the /var/log/snort too, when I have put the next lines in my snort.conf

output database: log, mysql, user=snort dbname=snort_log host=localhost password=lala output database: alert, mysql, user=snort dbname=snort_alert host=localhost password=lala

When this lines are in the snort.conf the snort doesn't write the alert log, but if i erase this lines snort do it well.

anybody knows how to do the both thinghs at the same time?

thanks

LaraCroft