Snort mailing list archives

RE: help please

From: "d'Ambly, Jeff" <jdambly () monster com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:39:38 -0400

Ok sweet, that worked but now I can't use eth1

Snort received signal 2, exiting
[root@snort conf]# snort -o -c -i eth1 ./snort.conf
Log directory =

        --== Initializing Snort ==--
Checking PID path...
PATH_VARRUN is set to /var/run/ on this operating system
Rule application order changed to Pass->Alert->Log

Initializing Network Interface eth0
ERROR: OpenPcap() FSM compilation failed:
        parse error
PCAP command: eth1 ./snort.conf
Fatal Error, Quitting..
[root@snort conf]#

This is a 100mb interface that does not have an ip address, I want to do
this because I have setup a spanning session on the switch, to mirror all
traffic on vlan across this one port. Think of it like a hub, in a way.

   --  Jeff d'Ambly
Network Engineer
http://www.monster.com
Stay the patient course.